Hey, there! Amy here. I know it's been a while...but there's no time like the present, right?When I get stuck on my writing, or a I fall into a bit of a dry spell, there's nothing like some good old fashioned writing prompts to get the creative juices flowing again!
That's why today I'm going to share one of my favorite writing prompts, and I'd love to see what you can come up with as a result... Share your writing in the comments, or write a post on your own blog and link back! Even just a sentence or two--or a full chapter, whatever comes to your mind.
Are you ready?
//pinterest source//
Now, get writing! I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Oh, and want more writing prompts like these? Keep an eye on this little blog every Monday for fresh inspiration--in the meantime, check out my Pinterest board:
Have a happy Monday!

Wow..... that's a great picture for a writing prompt! I wrote a couple sentences on it this afternoon, as a way to unwind and relax. :) :
ReplyDeleteShe was frozen in place, unable to move forward.
It was too beautiful, this sky above the world. How could all those lights….those candles in the air…just hang in place like that? It was said they were called stars. But now looking at them, that word fell far short of what glowed in front of her. This wasn’t what she had pictured, when they had described to her what she would see. This sky was dazzling with sparkles set back against a shade blue that until now had been unknown. It beamed with a kind of kindness, that promised not to be terrible at all.
It was inconceivable to think that she would step out into that brilliance… that she was now a soldier, trained to advance into the frontier of the universe. Trained to protect the world below, where the tunnels and the vaults and the caverns were lit by a thousand candles, and where the people knew the sky was there, but it was only a word. It was only the place where soldiers went; soldiers brave enough to ascend up the Staircase alone, and step out of the tunnel at the end of the world. But oh, she thought… why are they afraid?
And why had she been afraid? Now, once she stepped over the darkness at the end of the tunnel, out over the edge of the world, she would never be able to go back.
This was life.